Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by hipdragon <hi...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/09 18:09:23 UTC

Logout not clearing all cookies

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on clearing out all the cookies
during logout. I'm using Shiro logout filter and it only clears the session
cookie. I was thinking i could override the logout filter, but it seems like
this would be useful for everyone who uses Shiro web. In case it's helpful,
I'm using JSF.

Hoping someone has figured this out and would be willing to share the
solution.

Re: Logout not clearing all cookies

Posted by Rob Young <bo...@gmail.com>.
I was going to suggest the same.  WebServlet filters are amazing things.  :)

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
You could also create another filter (MyCustomCookieCleanUpFilter) and add
configure that in addition to the current logout filter.  In that you could
do any special clean up you needed.
You could even make it generic and supply a list of cookie names to remove.

-Brian