Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org> on 2015/07/09 16:42:17 UTC

RE: migrating Tika to 2.0.0 -- tiff files in app's ExtractImages

Hi Tilman,
  Thank you for your quick response.  I'm not sure this is an issue of dependencies (although thank you for that reminder!).

  If I download a prebuilt pdfbox-app-1.8.9 and call ExtractImages, I get two image files, on jpg and one tiff...both are actual image files.  Nothing is logged to stdout.

  If I download a prebuilt nightly build of pdfbox-app-2.0.0 and call ExtractImages, I get one actual image file for the jpeg but then an empty (zero byte) tiff file.

  The log message from 2.0.0 is:

>java -jar
 pdfbox-app-2.0.0-20150709.140349-1486.jar ExtractImages testPDF_childAttachment
s.pdf
Writing image: testPDF_childAttachments-1
Writing image: testPDF_childAttachments-2
Jul 09, 2015 10:37:13 AM org.apache.pdfbox.tools.imageio.ImageIOUtil writeImage
SEVERE: No ImageWriter found for 'tiff' format
Jul 09, 2015 10:37:13 AM org.apache.pdfbox.tools.imageio.ImageIOUtil writeImage
SEVERE: Supported formats: JPG jpg bmp BMP gif GIF WBMP png PNG wbmp jpeg JPEG
Jul 09, 2015 10:37:13 AM org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDSimpleFont toUnicode
Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Ha. Ok, got it.  We'll make extra sure to include the "take a look at potential non-Apache supporting libraries" in our release notes.

Thank you!

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.