Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org> on 2015/04/27 14:20:21 UTC

Cordova Service Worker plugin

It's a bit late for an announcement, since we actually published this a
couple of weeks ago, but Google's Cordova team has built a Service Worker
plugin for iOS Cordova apps.

It's npm-published exclusively, so you can finally install this without
cloning the repo, so maybe that makes this a good time to publicize it ;)

This means that you can use all of the Service Worker APIs (Cache, Fetch,
etc) that you would use to make an offline web app -- including updating
your app assets from the network -- and build a Cordova app the same way.

The plugin is an extendable platform, as well, so we hope to publish some
other APIs on top of it (geofencing, push, background sync) fairly soon.

https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-service-worker

Re: Cordova Service Worker plugin

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.
Interesting. I'd like to see more about this. Are you planning a blog
post? If not - I'd suggest it. :)

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.