Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by zoodlebox <co...@zoodlebox.com> on 2013/06/05 20:03:26 UTC

Use of Open Office

I want to offer Open Office on my website for customers to use in creating,
saving and editing documents created in both Microsoft and Open Office, we
will not be charging for the use of your products but offering it as a
convenience to our customers . We will be charging however for their storage
space like Mozy, Carbonite, Box.com and Google Docs etc.

Do I need any kind of license for this .

Thank You,

Terry W.

Signature

Re: Use of Open Office

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:03 PM, zoodlebox <co...@zoodlebox.com> wrote:

> I want to offer Open Office on my website for customers to use in
> creating, saving and editing documents created in both Microsoft and Open
> Office, we will not be charging for the use of your products but offering
> it as a convenience to our customers . We will be charging however for
> their storage space like Mozy, Carbonite, Box.com and Google Docs etc.****
>
> ** **
>
> Do I need any kind of license for this .****
>
> **

Hi Terry,

If you are just linking to our download page (
http://www.openoffice.org/download) then no license is needed.

If you are redistributing OpenOffice, then you'll want to look at our
license, which is the Apache License 2.0:

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html

Also, "OpenOffice" and its associated logo is a trademark of the Apache
Software Foundation and we have some rules about how the trademarks may be
used:

http://openoffice.apache.org/trademarks.html

If you are hosting your own copy of OpenOffice you might want to sign up
for our announcement mailing list so you are notified of any updates,
including security patches:

-Rob