Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Swetha Shenoy <ss...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/07 23:24:01 UTC

Filter query vs Facets

Hi,

I had a question regarding the filter query (fq) and faceted search. Both
are used to filter search results. Can someone tell me how they are
different and when you would use one over the other?

Thanks,
Swetha

Re: Filter query vs Facets

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
You may want to read the faceting overview:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrFacetingOverview

-- Jack Krupansky