Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Lewis John McGibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2021/05/30 16:47:58 UTC

Tracking user activity in Apache Airflow Webserver

Hi dev@,
Over the last ~6 months we've been engaged in a migration to Apache Airflow [0].
Airflow has a very useful webserver GUI which really simplifies, what is essentially, a pretty complex underlying workflow management system.
From a user behaviour/activity tracking/logging perspective [1], Airflow currently supports Google Analytics [2], Segment [3], and Metarouter [4].
I am going to start work on a Flagon backend for Airflow which would allow user to utilize the Flagon platform to analyze and monitor how people are using Airflow via the GUI.
I'll write here once the work is done... maybe record a YouTube video or something which we could link to.
Great work recently on pushing RC's. I'm really encouraged to see Flagon activity :)
lewismc

[0] https://airflow.apache.org
[1] https://airflow.apache.org/docs/apache-airflow/stable/logging-monitoring/tracking-user-activity.html
[2] https://analytics.withgoogle.com/
[3] https://segment.com/
[4] https://www.metarouter.io/

Re: Tracking user activity in Apache Airflow Webserver

Posted by Lewis John McGibbney <le...@apache.org>.
Hi Ry,
I just realized that I sent the above message to the wrong list... doh!!! I meant to sent it to dev@flagon.apache.org but nevermind.
That's really interesting to know that you put in place the integration for Metarouter.
Can you assist me with my query in this thread?
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/reaf9600379e91acb6afca2baa1c8aeeaf76fbb5d088d5e26997f06c8%40%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E
Thank you

Posted by Ry Walker <ry...@rywalker.com>.
Sounds good Lewis -