Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org> on 2012/11/28 16:25:15 UTC

password field in job configuration

Hello all,

I am not sure whether this is correct mailing list but I'm seeing this issue happening where when I review the configuration of a sqoop import job.xml, I can see my password in plain text under "mapreduce.jdbc.url". Is there a way to mask this field, again, if this needs to be directed to Mapreduce mailing list, I'll be happy to do so, but if anyone knows the answer, it will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

--------------------

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.

--------------------

Re: Sqoop 2 availability (Was Re: password field in job configuration)

Posted by Chalcy <ch...@gmail.com>.
Great! Jarec.  You guys are awesome.  I will stay tuned to get sqoop
ungrades. Looks like we have to develop our own tool/scripts for now :)

Thanks,
Chalcy

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Chalcy,