Posted to dev@marvin.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2019/02/13 10:52:09 UTC

trademark issues / possible user confusion /old releases

Hi,

I come across this [1] which seems a bit confusing, it says "MARVIN (deprecated)” but states it's an ASF project. What might a user think if they come across this? There's also some minor branding and trademark issues that probably need to dealt with. Ask your mentors to help with this.

Looking at [2] I can see what looks like some pre-Adobe releases list here. It would probably be a good idea to clearly mark these as non-Apache releases to reduce any potential user confusion. Again your mentors can provide advice here.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/marvin-ai
2. https://pypi.org/project/marvin-python-toolbox/#history

Re: trademark issues / possible user confusion /old releases

Posted by Daniel Takabayashi <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the recommendations. I agree totally with everything.
As the old repository is still managed by me I just updated the
informations to be a little more clear about the actual project status.
Please check if is better now and let me know if is not.

About the pypi account, I am still preparing the content.

Also, I've noticed that the some copyright statements still have B2W as
license holder. @Lucas Bonatto Miguel <lu...@gmail.com> Do B2W
already signed the code donation?

Thanks,
Taka