Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Nicholas Quaine <qu...@jpmorgan.com> on 2000/12/20 18:04:04 UTC

soap version intercompatibility

as far as I can see the most advanced perl module for soap is written for soap
1.1 ( see http://www.geocities.com/paulclinger/SOAP/Lite.pm.html#DESCRIPTION )
but my server is implemented with soap 2.0 (apache/java)

can a soap 1.1 client and a soap 2.0 server communicate without problem ?

more generally, can a soap versionX server communicate effectively with any
client with soap version <= X ?

Nick

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.

Re: soap version intercompatibility

Posted by Simon Fell <so...@zaks.demon.co.uk>.
you're mixing SOAP spec versions and product versions. both SOAP::Lite
and Apache SOAP are written to the SOAP 1.1 spec. Apache SOAP requires
all elements to be strongly typed via an xsi:type attribute, i believe
that SOAP::Lite supports this.

Cheers
Simon
www.pocketsoap.com