Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by "Erb, Stephan" <St...@blue-yonder.com> on 2016/01/28 00:35:55 UTC

Allow dots and hyphens in metric names

Bill suggested that I send a note here regarding a planned change of valid metric names: https://reviews.apache.org/r/42879. Goal is to allow any character that may be part of a user-defined job name, in particular dots and hyphens. Fixing this will significantly reduce the logging noise of Aurora.

A lengthy discussion in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1282 concluded that everything exported via /vars will stay as it is. However, your code might be affected if you interact with the rather complex stats subsystem in another way.

Best Regards,
Stephan

Re: Allow dots and hyphens in metric names

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
+1