Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> on 2002/11/06 18:31:06 UTC

HTML+CSS -> XSL:FO

Sorry for asking a question which I know is already in my FAQ but I have a
colleague who needs to render HTML *with* CSS to PDF. I am wondering
whether we have anything like a web browser which outputs XSL:FO yet.

Does anyone use one?

My instant reaction is to say convert to XML instead of HTML, but the data
is already in HTML and the CSS is important.

Maybe we should enhance the Mozilla rendering engine to output XSL:FO ?

Alex

PS http://www.OWAL.co.uk/cgi-bin/fopfaq.cgi

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/

Re: HTML+CSS -> XSL:FO

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Wednesday 06 November 2002 18:31, Alex McLintock wrote:
> Sorry for asking a question which I know is already in my FAQ but I have a
> colleague who needs to render HTML *with* CSS to PDF.

I hope this is not the FAQ answer ;-)

Assuming client-side is ok (or you want to try to automate these functions),
I see two possibilities:

a) print to PostScript or PDF from a browser
b) import the pages to Acrobat (Windows version does it nicely, I think
including CSS) and save as PDF

-Bertrand