Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Uhm <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/31 21:18:22 UTC

Exclude module from deploy phase

Hello,

Is it possible to configure a module to be excluded from the mvn deploy
phase?  For instance, in a single project I have 3 modules:
Domain
Repository
Web

My domain and repository modules are dependencies to other projects, but the
web module is not.  The web module tends to be rather large (80-90M) as it
contains all dependent jars and a grip of images, and so my site maven
repository is growing at an alarming rate.

My project parent pom file:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xs
i:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <parent>
        <groupId>com.mycomp.commons</groupId>
        <artifactId>Comp-commons-parent</artifactId>
        <version>1.6.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </parent>
    <properties>
        <commons.parent.version>1.6.0-SNAPSHOT</commons.parent.version>
        <search.version>1.10.0-SNAPSHOT</search.version>
        <combine.version>1.12.0-SNAPSHOT</combine.version>
    </properties>
    <groupId>com.mycomp.site</groupId>
    <artifactId>Comp-site-parent</artifactId>
    <version>1.13.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <packaging>pom</packaging>
    <name>Site Parent Project Model</name>
    <scm>
        <connection>scm:svn:
http://testtools02.la3.mycomp.com/svn/repos/site/trunk</connection>
        <developerConnection>scm:svn:
http://testtools02.la3.mycomp.com/svn/repos/site/trunk</developerConnection>
        <url>http://testtools02.la3.mycomp.com/fisheye/browse/site</url>
    </scm>
    <modules>
        <module>Comp-site-domain</module>
        <module>Comp-site-repository</module>
        <module>Comp-site-web</module>
        <module>Comp-site-integration-tests</module>
        <module>Comp-site-acceptance-tests</module>
    </modules>
</project>

I appreciate your help,
Andrew

Re: Exclude module from deploy phase

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.
You could set an altDeploymentRepository for this specific project,
and let it point to a dummy local location.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Have a look at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEPLOY-63.
It's in the current deploy plugin trunk.
But you must take care and remove this configuration when you release
your project (remove this in a release profile).

--
Olivier

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Andrew Uhm <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Is it possible to configure a module to be excluded from the mvn deploy
>  phase?

The next version of Maven Deploy Plugin will allow you to configure
individual modules to skip deployment.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEPLOY-63

--
Wendy