Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> on 2014/09/02 20:40:32 UTC

Re: CentOS cloud images website

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 09:47 AM, Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
> Do you know someone in CentOS that maintain their website? The cloud
> images page for CloudStack is empty.

BTW - the CentOS folks are trying to re-bootstrap the Cloud SIG and it'd
be good to have someone from CloudStack to help generating images. Any
folks from CloudStack who could represent + help out?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: CentOS cloud images website

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
Hi Lucian,

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 01:56 PM, Nux! wrote:
> We're working on it, but things progress slowly; I'm sure we'll get
> there, though.
>
> Now EPEL7 just provided a higher version cloud-init that overwrites the
> one in CentOS-Extras that we finally got to work with ACS. /facepalm :-)

Arrrgh. :-)

If you have time, it'd be great if you can speak up on list there and
maybe participate in the Cloud SIG. Thanks for your work on this!

Best,

jzb

Posted by "DATACOM - Marcelo.Veriato" <ma...@datacom.ind.br>.
Sorry, live migration works with tuned enabled and xen-tools manually
installed.

Can you provide image with xen-tools installed?

Thanks.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Marcelo,

This will be tricky, the images are meant to run on any HV, once I start installing HV specific stuff I risk of breaking their functionality on the others.

I'll look into it, but can't promise anything...

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by "DATACOM - Marcelo.Veriato" <ma...@datacom.ind.br>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi Ilya,

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Nux,

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi Marco,

We are building "unofficial" images here, any testing is welcome.
http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/centos/

ks here http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/centos/ks/ and here https://github.com/NuxRo/openvm/tree/master/kickstarts

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

We're working on it, but things progress slowly; I'm sure we'll get there, though.

Now EPEL7 just provided a higher version cloud-init that overwrites the one in CentOS-Extras that we finally got to work with ACS. /facepalm :-)

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014, at 09:47 AM, Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
> > Do you know someone in CentOS that maintain their website? The cloud
> > images page for CloudStack is empty.
>
> BTW - the CentOS folks are trying to re-bootstrap the Cloud SIG and it'd
> be good to have someone from CloudStack to help generating images. Any
> folks from CloudStack who could represent + help out?
>
> Best,
>
> jzb
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> jzb@zonker.net
> Twitter: @jzb
> http://www.dissociatedpress.net/

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: CentOS cloud images website

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hi Joe,

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 01:43 PM, sebgoa wrote:
> I submitted some kickstart file to jim perrin's repo that is used to do
> this.
> KB has been working with Nux to improve the ks.
> We recently patched cloudstack to fix a cloud-init support issue.
> so…we are on it (while maybe not active on the mailing list)

Gotcha. Thanks!

Best,

jzb

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.