Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Narla,Venkatesh" <Ve...@Cerner.com> on 2013/10/23 20:20:04 UTC

Getting Invalid Table or Column References when running hive query

Hello,

I am running a hive query given below and I am getting this
 Exception:
FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10004]: Line 2:74 Invalid table alias or column reference 'result_data': (possible column names are: resultid, publishdatetime)

select resdata.resultid, resdata.clinical.publishdatetime from result_test LATERAL VIEW EXPLODE (result_test) exploded_table as resdata where key.consumer_id=' ' and key.person= ' '
and resdata.clinical.publishdatetime=' ' order by resdata.resultid DESC,resdata.clinicaldatacommon.publishdatetime DESC;

But the following query works fine if I change the column type.

select distinct resdata.resultid  as ResultID,resdata.clinical.publishdatetime as Pubdatetime from result_test LATERAL VIEW EXPLODE (result_test) exploded_table as resdata where key.consumer_id=' ' and key.person=' ' ORDER BY Pubdatetime ASC,ResultID DESC;

Can any body help me  what was the problem with the first query. If we use order by in hive, do we have to reference the column name which I did in second query.

Thank you

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.