Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jerry Jalenak <Je...@LABONE.com> on 2002/07/22 18:13:51 UTC

DynaValidatorActionForms

I've changed over to using DynaValidatorActionForm for my <form-bean>
definitions. When I did so my validator routines quit working.  Looking over
Chuck's chapter on Validator where he discusses the class hierarchy, he says
that if you use DynaValidatorActionForm, <quote> the Validator will use the
action's name to look up the validation rules </quote>.  Is this the path
name in my action-mapping?

TIA

Jerry Jalenak
Development Manager, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.

RE: DynaValidatorActionForms

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
It is the value of the path attribute in the action element in the
struts-config.xml file.

If you look at the DynaValidatorActionForm source you will see the following
in the validate().

Validator validator = StrutsValidatorUtil.initValidator(mapping.getPath(),
	                                                        this,
	                                                        application,
request,
	                                                        errors, page);