Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by immutability <de...@bielik.org> on 2009/06/16 22:24:05 UTC

Re: [T5.1] Locale - possible to revert to cookies?

The new URL-based language switching is also causing issues with the way
Tapestry-Acegi handles the redirect to the login page once a session
expires. If a user switches to another language, let's say, Spanish, they'll
end up on a page with "es" locale code embedded in the URL, e.g.
/es/some/page. But if their session expires, Acegi will redirect them to the
login page, ignoring the locale component of the URL, e.g. /index, and thus
their language preference is lost.

I guess it's not possible to revert to cookies easily in T5.1 now? Anyone
has a workaround for the Tapestry-Acegi issue?

Thanks,
Rado

Posted by immutability <de...@bielik.org>.
Alright, for anyone who may need this, I did the following to re-enable the
cookie-based locale in Tapestry 5.1.0.5:

- provided a separate implementation of PersistentLocale service, copying
Tapestry 5.0.18 code, since this interface hasn't changed
- provided a separate implementation of LocalizationSetter service, but this
interface has changed in 5.1, but I only needed to edit one of the methods
in the original 5.1.0.5 code of the LocalizationSetterImpl (namely the
setLocaleFromLocaleName method)
- did the binding of the 2 services in my AppModule, and contributed alias
to ensure that Tapestry picks up my implementations rather than the built-in
ones using Automatic Dependency Resolution
- turned off SymbolConstants.ENCODE_LOCALE_INTO_PATH setting in
contributeApplicationDefaults - this will ensure that tapestry-generated
URLs will not have the locale part embedded

If anyone needs more detailed instructions on this, I can create a how-to.

Rado