Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by noppy-flex <no...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/25 16:51:22 UTC

ajax indicator

Hi,

I'm trying to make an indicator visible when an ajax request is processed.
For a checkbox this is working well:

  final AjaxCheckBox ac = new AjaxCheckBox("an", new Model()) {

     @Override
     protected void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
        target.addComponent(Panel.this);
     }
  };

  add(ac);
  ac.add(new TestAjaxBehavior());

  class TestAjaxBehavior extends AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior
implements
      IAjaxIndicatorAware {
    private static final long serialVersionUID = -2704582236045420318L;

    public TestAjaxBehavior() {
      super("onchange");
    }

    protected void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
      try {
        Thread.sleep(5000);
      } catch (InterruptedException e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
      }
    }

    public String getAjaxIndicatorMarkupId() {
      return imgContainer.getMarkupId();
    }
  }

Markup-File:

  <input type="checkBox" wicket:id="an"/>

The same code fails when the checkbox is replaced by an ajax-button:

  final AjaxButton ac = new AjaxButton("an") {

      protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form) {
        target.addComponent(Panel.this);
      }
    };

    add(ac);
    ac.add(new TestAjaxBehavior());

Markup-File:

    <input type="submit" wicket:id="an"/>

I'm using wicket 1.34 but tried it also with 1.35.

Tanks for any help

Re: ajax indicator

Posted by jWeekend <jw...@cabouge.com>.
You are listening to "onchange".

BTW, I expect you already know there is an IndicatingAjaxButton.

Regards - Cemal
http://www.jWeekend.co.uk http://jWeekend.co.uk

Re: Integrating dijit.form.FilteringSelect

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
like this http://wicketstuff.org/wicket13/ajax/choice.1 ?

-igor

Re: ajax indicator