Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by ocket 8888 <oc...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/31 19:05:42 UTC

2021-09-07 TC Working Group Agenda and Meeting Notes

 If you have anything you want to discuss at next week's meeting, respond
to this email and it's on the agenda.

Re: 2021-09-07 TC Working Group Agenda and Meeting Notes

Posted by Zach Hoffman <zr...@apache.org>.
> Isn't that a lot easier than making a web form that has to send a message
to someone to create the account?

Yes, unless webform responses themselves are automatically forwarded to the
mailing list. Having users send their requests directly to the mailing list
sounds better, though, since emails are more personal.

I have created <https://s.apache.org/tc-slack-request>, which redirects to
a `mailto:` URI to Users@tc.a.o with a subject and body prefilled for
requesting an invite. Now we just need to link <
https://s.apache.org/tc-slack-request> everywhere that we have linked <
https://s.apache.org/slack-invite>.

-Zach

Posted by Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by ocket 8888 <oc...@gmail.com>.
1. Attendance

Posted by Zach Hoffman <zr...@apache.org>.
Oh, and our Slack invite <https://s.apache.org/slack-invite> is no longer a
Slack invite, it redirects to https://infra.apache.org/slack.html . That
page does not give non-committers the ability to join Slack.

From that page:

Posted by Zach Hoffman <zr...@apache.org>.

<