Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kulinskyvs <ku...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/03 10:17:58 UTC

Python client: create cache with expiration policy

Hello all,

I'm wondering whether it's possible to create a cache with  expiration
policy <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/expiry-policies>   defined from
Python client?

Documentation says nothing about this.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Python client: create cache with expiration policy

Posted by Andrei Aleksandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Looks like Python API should be improved.

I created the ticket on this:

BR,
Andrei

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it's my fault. I double check the list of existed options and looks like
there is no expire policy option there.

I see that exists PROP_EAGER_TTL property:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/expiry-policies#section-eager-ttl

But there are no options for expiration policies.

Let me some time to check the source code.

BR,
Andrei

Re: Python client: create cache with expiration policy

Posted by kulinskyvs <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Are we talking about the same? I mean, my goal is to create a cache (if not
yet created) with some predefined expiration policy in order to be able to
set the expiration timeout for key/value pair put into Ignite.

Looks like  you are referring to
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/partition-loss-policies,
while I'm interested in https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/expiry-policies.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Vadzim Kulinski

Re: Python client: create cache with expiration policy

Posted by aealexsandrov <ae...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, it should be possible. Please read the documentation from binaries:

https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/platforms/python/docs/datatypes/cache_props.rst

PROP_PARTITION_LOSS_POLICY:

Partition loss policy: READ_ONLY_SAFE=0, READ_ONLY_ALL=1, READ_WRITE_SAFE=2,
READ_WRITE_ALL=3, IGNORE=4

BR,
Andrei