Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Meyer <th...@m3y3r.de> on 2015/06/17 19:03:48 UTC

EmbeddedDriver and db.lck file

Hi,

I have a Servlet running under Jetty 9.2.11 which uses EclipseLink 2.6as JPA tool. In the JPA tool I did configure the usage of the Derby Embedded 10.11.1 driver. For a fresh start of the jetty server everything works as expected.
But when I now redeploy the context config XML file after I did update the referenced war file, derby begins to tell me that another instance did already boot the database.
Somehow the db.lck file is not released when I close the EntityManagerFactory.

Any idea what's going on here?

How can I force the release of the db.lck file in a ServletListener.contextDestroyed() method?

With kind regards
Thomas

Re: EmbeddedDriver and db.lck file

Posted by Peter Ondruška <pe...@kaibo.eu>.
This is what I di in context listener:

@Override  public void contextDestroyed(final ServletContextEvent sce)
{        final ServletContext context = sce.getServletContext();
final String PERSIST_ROOT =
context.getInitParameter("PERSISTENT_ROOT");    final String DB_URL =
DB_PREFIX.concat(PERSIST_ROOT).concat("db");        try {
DriverManager.getConnection(DB_URL + SHUTDOWN, USERNAME, PASSWORD);
} catch (final SQLException e) {      // ignore    }      }

--
Peter Ondruška