Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Tianying Chang <ti...@ebaysf.com> on 2012/11/27 20:05:35 UTC

KeeperErrorCode=InvalideACL while trying to create a znode

Hi,

I am trying to implement a global lock with zookeeper.  However, it throws an exception of InvalidACLException while I am trying to create an ephermal/sequential znode. I create the node with ACL of ZooDefs.Ids.CREATOR_ALL_ACL, which should give all the permission.

Anyone knows why I am getting this Exception? BTW, since I am working with hbase, I am using the zookeeper client library provided by hbase when needed, don't know if that could cause some complication here.

Thanks
Tian-Ying

RE: KeeperErrorCode=InvalideACL while trying to create a znode

Posted by Tianying Chang <ti...@ebaysf.com>.
Michi,

Thanks for the helpful suggestion! You are right! I did not call addAuthInfo(). And after further thinking, I feel my case does not need that tight security at this stage, instead, I just create the ACL of new ACL(ZooDefs.Perms.READ, Ids.ANYONE_ID_UNSAFE). That way, I can create the znode without calling addAuthInfo().  I will explore the authentication a little later.

Thanks  a lot
Tian-Ying
Did you call ZooKeeper.addAuthInfo()? The client session needs to be
authenticated before you can use ZooDefs.Ids.CREATOR_ALL_ACL.

--Michi

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.
Hi  Tian-Ying,