Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com> on 2018/10/06 01:58:14 UTC

status with torque-4.1

So, I gave it several hours worth of try with little progress... my
notes from what I experienced so far...

torque-4.1 tests reference latest version of hsqldb (2.4.x) - although
there are references to a 2.2.8 version also in the pom that maybe
should be fixed, versus fulcrum-security-torque still referencing 1.8.0.10

When I attempt to update fulcrum security to latest hsqldb, I am getting
some tests to pass, but the lazy loading keeps failing and claims that
there are duplicate keys in the database.  I could not figure that one out.

when using torque-4.1 (and the updated hsqldb), I get a lot more errors
- I tried refactoring to MySQL to see if I could get that to work, but
no luck there either... it's not just hsql causing the issues.

I was initially getting a lot of simple errors due to SQL parsing from
the test scripts (when trying out a different db backend) so I ended up
cleaning up the loadSql method found in HsqlDb class from some other
code I had written.

I think it is a little more careful and filters out the comments; puts
each command on it's own line before executing the sql command.  This
update works fine with the current torque-4.0 and old hsql references,
so I went ahead and committed that code.

I am afraid I just can't get it to work at the moment... hopefully you
guys can help me figure out where things are going wrong.

So for now, I guess we are stuck with torque-4.0 in the turbine-5.0
environment.

Good night!

--
Jeff Painter