Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2016/04/13 20:20:55 UTC

[allura:tickets] #8079 ensure_index command should not drop indexes

---

** [tickets:#8079] ensure_index command should not drop indexes**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** bitesize
**Created:** Wed Apr 13, 2016 06:20 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Wed Apr 13, 2016 06:20 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

In the `EnsureIndexCommand` code, we shouldn't drop any indexes.  I think the original idea was to remove indexes that weren't needed any more.  But if anyone has created their own custom indexes directly (e.g. to support external scripts or code), the command would delete them.  We should change it to not delete any.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] #8079 ensure_index command should not drop indexes

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: in-progress --> review
- **Comment**:

On branch db/8079

To test, add a mongo index on a collection, then run `paster ensure_index development.ini`  Check log file for output.  The index should still be there.  Running with `--clean` will make it be dropped.

---

** [tickets:#8079] ensure_index command should not drop indexes**

**Status:** review
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** bitesize
**Created:** Wed Apr 13, 2016 06:20 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Mon May 02, 2016 09:06 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: open --> in-progress
- **assigned_to**: Dave Brondsema

---

** [tickets:#8079] ensure_index command should not drop indexes**

**Status:** in-progress

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: review --> closed

---

** [tickets:#8079] ensure_index command should not drop indexes**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** bitesize
**Created:** Wed Apr 13, 2016 06:20 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Mon May 02, 2016 09:39 PM UTC
**Owner:** Dave Brondsema