Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by henry human <he...@yahoo.de> on 2005/05/30 13:12:23 UTC

configure tomcat to protect authentification

Hey,
i'm new in Tomcat. I installed tomcat 4.1.29 and
create some Servlets and put dem to
Tomcat_Home/webapps/MyProject/WEB-INF/classes
Now i will, that tomcat ask for login, for the
first time if client access my web application under

MyProject directory.
What should i change in server.xml or elsewhere ?
thanks for any Hints

Re: configure tomcat to protect authentification

Posted by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net>.
henry human said:
> Hey,
> i'm new in Tomcat. I installed tomcat 4.1.29 and

Why do you use such an old version? I'd recommend to use Tomcat 5 or maybe
even 5.5
> create some Servlets and put dem to
> Tomcat_Home/webapps/MyProject/WEB-INF/classes
> Now i will, that tomcat ask for login, for the
> first time if client access my web application under
>
> MyProject directory.
> What should i change in server.xml or elsewhere ?
> thanks for any Hints

You could use Container Managed Security:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/realm-howto.html

If you need some example setup I could help out.

Torsten