Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com> on 2001/07/12 15:29:34 UTC

Action, Selector, Matcher and SitemapModelComponent

Hi all,

I wanted to implement the FilePrefixMatcher I suggested in a previous
post and found that neither Selector nor Matcher implement
SitemapModelComponent, meaning they don't have access to the
SourceResolver provided in setup().

Also, Action doesn't implement SitemapModelComponent, but Action.act()
has all parameters SitemapModelComponent.setup() provides (plus the
Redirector).

What is the reason for all them not to be first-class sitemap citizens ?

Wouldn't it be more consistent (and convenient) for Action, Matcher and
Selector to implement SitemapComponent, and SelectorFactory to have
access to the SourceResolver (yes, I know, this will change the API) ?

Thanks.
--
Sylvain Wallez

AW: Action, Selector, Matcher and SitemapModelComponent

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
I think there is no reason against extending the interfaces of the
Matcher and the Selector to pass them a SourceResolver.

But they can't implement the SitemapModelComponent interface as
they should be ThreadSafe. This is at least true for Actions.

But we could consider changing the API for the final version
or the 2.1 version.

Carsten