Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Matthew Topol <mt...@factset.com> on 2022/04/20 16:51:43 UTC

[DISCUSS] A book about Apache Arrow

Hey All,

I've been writing a book on Apache Arrow for Packt (packtpub.com) and it's in the final stages of revising and editing etc. The publisher, Packt, asked if I could reach out to Arrow PMC members for a couple reasons:

  1.  To potentially have an Arrow PMC member write a Foreword for the book, which would improve visibility of the book.
  2.  To see if any PMC members would agree to do a review of the book prior to its release (currently it is planned to be eBook ready by May 13th with a print launch on June 17th)
  3.  And to see if there could be any partnering / coordinating with Packt to create a potential "Community Edition" / provide discount codes/free copies to members of the Arrow Community along with social media announcements and so on.

If anyone is interested please reply and let me know! The book is already listed on Amazon and Barnes & Noble for Pre-order (https://www.amazon.com/Memory-Analytics-Apache-Arrow-hierarchical-dp-1801071039/dp/1801071039/).

Thanks much for your time everyone! Hope to hear back from someone soon.

Matthew Topol Vice President, Principal Software Architect mtopol@factset.com<ma...@factset.com> T 203.810.1804 FactSet Research Systems

RE: [DISCUSS] A book about Apache Arrow

Posted by Matthew Topol <mt...@factset.com>.
Thank you very much for the vote of confidence Gavin.

Hopefully it ends up to your liking! And hopefully I can get a foreword for the book 😊

--Matt

Posted by Gavin Ray <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gavin Ray <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthew Topol <mt...@factset.com>.