Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Morten Ludvigsen <mo...@2ps.dk> on 2003/02/03 20:38:03 UTC

Building Cocoon 2.1-dev

Hi,

I sent this mail to the list some days ago, and have gotten no reply, so
I'll try again :-) BTW should this question be asked on the dev-list
instead?

I must be missing something pretty basic here. I am trying to build
Cocoon from the current CVS HEAD. However the build process does not get
very far. Here's the output:

C:\Data\Projects\cocoon\xml-cocoon2>build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes
webapp
Using Java from C:\j2sdk1.4.1
Buildfile: build.xml

init:
      [echo] --------------------------------------------------------------
      [echo]             Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev [1999-2003]
      [echo] --------------------------------------------------------------
      [echo] Building with Apache Ant version 1.6alpha compiled on
January 1 2003
      [echo] using build file C:\Data\Projects\cocoon\xml-cocoon2\build.xml
      [echo] --------------------------------------------------------------
      [echo]  WARNING:
      [echo]    This build is targeted for use with JVM 1.4
      [echo]
      [echo]    Using this build on a virtual machine other than the one
      [echo]    it is targeted for may result in runtime errors.
      [echo]
      [echo] --------------------------------------------------------------
     [javac] Compiling 2 source files to
C:\Data\Projects\cocoon\xml-cocoon2\tools\anttasks

After this it does not report an error - it just stops. The directory
"C:\Data\Projects\cocoon\xml-cocoon2\tools\anttasks" is empty.

A little extra information:
Operating system: Windows 2000 Professional
Java: java version "1.4.1"
       Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1-b21)
       Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1-b21, mixed mode)

I have both Tomcat and Jetty installed but I have not included libraries
from any of them for the build. Could this be the problem?

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Morten Ludvigsen
2-People Software
Denmark

Re: Building Cocoon 2.1-dev

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Please downloaded the lastest version. Today morning Haul resolve the
problem with the sitemap.

Antonio Gallardo.

I am already running the lastest CVS and build fine.

Mark Eggers dijo:

Re: Building Cocoon 2.1-dev

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Geoff Howard wrote:
> [...]

Another option is running this:

  build -debug

It shows mountains of stuff, but usually it's quite helpful.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: Building Cocoon 2.1-dev

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.

Only thing I can think of is JAVA_HOME - do you have that set correctly?

Re: Building Cocoon 2.1-dev

Posted by Morten Ludvigsen <mo...@2ps.dk>.

Re: Building Cocoon 2.1-dev