Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2003/10/31 22:17:24 UTC

Hackathon

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
[What's with the cross-post?  Seems quite rude to me.]

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Kyle Hamilton wrote:
>
> > Would it be safe to say that everything posted on the mailing list is
> > covered by the GNU Free Documentation License
> > http://www.fsf.org/licenses/fdl.txt if I am wrong please post to the list or
>
> Actually nothing at the Apache Software Foundation falls under any GNU
> license.  With the exception of PHP, it's all under the Apache License
> (currently version 1.1) as far as I'm aware.

And I see no reason to believe that mailing list postings are covered by
any license, including the Apache one.  Most likely, the senders retain
their copyright unless otherwise stated.

Joshua.

Re: GNU Free Documentation License and all Apache Mailing Lists

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Kyle Hamilton wrote:

> Would it be safe to say that everything posted on the mailing list is
> covered by the GNU Free Documentation License
> http://www.fsf.org/licenses/fdl.txt if I am wrong please post to the list or

Actually nothing at the Apache Software Foundation falls under any GNU
license.  With the exception of PHP, it's all under the Apache License
(currently version 1.1) as far as I'm aware.

--Cliff

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

[users@httpd] Apache acting funny on LAN is it just me?

Posted by Kyle Hamilton <wi...@sbcglobal.net>.
im running Apache 1.3.26  on my server running Linux
when on my LAN and my server gets a larger then avage load is it normal for
it to run 3 process of Apache in order for it to do this or did I mess
something up when I was playing with it?
-Kyle
www.kylehamilton.net
559-325-8993

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Kyle Hamilton <wi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Would it be safe to say that everything posted on the mailing list is
covered by the GNU Free Documentation License
http://www.fsf.org/licenses/fdl.txt if I am wrong please post to the list or
email me thx
-Kyle Hamilton
www.kylehamilton.net
559-325-8993

Re: Hackathon

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 04:17:24PM -0500, Rich Bowen wrote:
> I've been somewhat out of the loop of late, due to real life and related
> things. Coming up on ApacheCon and the Hackathon, I was wondering if
> there were any particular things that I should think about working on at
> the Hackathon, and whether any of you other folks would be there to do
> it with.

I'll be there fighting the mod_ssl docs - going through them while preparing
for my tutorial has brought out several things that has to be reworked.

One other thing I do recall as needing work are the new_features and
upgrading docs in 2.1. They look like the ones in 2.0.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
Speaking at ApacheCon 2003 - http://ApacheCon.com/