Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2001/11/16 16:20:03 UTC

Creating a document, rather than parsing one

Hi,

(I am still getting my head around this stuff, so please forgive what
might be a stupid question).

Using the DOM parser, I can parse an XML file, and return a Document.
With this Document, I can access methods to add nodes, etc. What I can't
figure out is how to make a blank Document, ie a Document that I can
create from scratch, which can then be saved to an XML file.

What is the correct way to initiate new XML files (as opposed to parsing
existing ones)?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon