Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Savory <to...@andrewsavory.com> on 2001/12/04 12:41:45 UTC

Building the WebApp module instruction errors

Hi,

Working through the instructions for building WebApp at:
http://nagoya.apache.org/~pier/documentation/build-u.html
... I noticed a few possible errors.

The line:
	# rmdir jakarta-tomcat-connectors
should be ....
	# rm -rf jakarta-tomcat-connectors
(because the CVS directory inside will prevent rmdir from working)

The second line saying:
	# cd webapp
shouldn't be there, as we've already changed to that directory before cvs
update -Pd.

The line:
	# sh ./apr/buildconf
fails:
	./apr/buildconf: build/buildcheck.sh: No such file or directory
It should probably be:
	# cd apr
	# sh ./buildconf
(or else fix the paths)

Oh, and it still fails to build (see "mod_webapp fails to build").

Hope that helps.

Andrew.

Re: Building the WebApp module instruction errors

Posted by MJ Ray <ma...@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
>	# rmdir jakarta-tomcat-connectors
>should be ....
>	# rm -rf jakarta-tomcat-connectors
>(because the CVS directory inside will prevent rmdir from working)

Sorry for coming into this cold, but do you really need force on that rm?

Other than that, it seems to agree with what I see here.
--

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Thanks, committed in jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/docs