Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Hearty <he...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/20 14:04:30 UTC

How to write GBean wrapper for DatabasePool

I would like to write a GBean for my DatabasePool.
I required to set many properties like
connectionProperties="SetBigStringTryClob=true" etc. to my database pool
configuration which is not available with admin console.

I will appreciate if any body can provide a wrapper GBean code for Database
[For Oracle or any other database]

Re: How to write GBean wrapper for DatabasePool

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Feb 20, 2009, at 5:04 AM, Hearty wrote:

> I would like to write a GBean for my DatabasePool.
> I required to set many properties like
> connectionProperties="SetBigStringTryClob=true" etc. to my database
> pool
> configuration which is not available with admin console.
>
> I will appreciate if any body can provide a wrapper GBean code for
> Database
> [For Oracle or any other database]

We use the tranql wrappers for various database drivers, see https://svn.codehaus.org/tranql

If there are properties you can set on a vendor Datasource or
XADatasource you could add them to the ManagedConnectionFactory
implementation and submit a patch and we'll release an updated version.

If you want to use a different pooling solution and want JTA
transactions to work you have a significant amount of work ahead of
you.  To see how much, you could look at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/tags/geronimo-txmanager-parent-2.1.1

thanks
david jencks