Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Stefan Lischke <li...@novacom.net> on 2002/11/23 20:03:04 UTC

RE: SiXDML Available

Hi,

> A tutorial for using SiXDML in Xindice is now

Nice Work, never heard of this SQL style language for working with a xmldb.

But i have one question, do u really think a language which is not in XML
format is accepted by all those XML and XMLDB users?

Im working on a project, where everything is stored in the xmldb and i
wonder how i can store and combine sixdml as natural language.
Is there a XML version of sixdml available?

thanx stefan

P.S.
Whats with creating an index. with xindice it only works if i create the
index before adding the documents, does create index create a new
collection, creates the index and adds the documents after this?

RE: SiXDML Available

Posted by Dare Obasanjo <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- Stefan Lischke <li...@novacom.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > A tutorial for using SiXDML in Xindice is now
>
> Nice Work, never heard of this SQL style language
> for working with a xmldb.
>
> But i have one question, do u really think a
> language which is not in XML
> format is accepted by all those XML and XMLDB users?

The W3C, the 3 major relational RDBMS vendors and a
number of the native XML DBMS vendors seem to think so
given the flurry of activity around SQLX
[http://www.sqlx.org] and XQuery
[http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/].

> Im working on a project, where everything is stored
> in the xmldb and i
> wonder how i can store and combine sixdml as natural
> language.
> Is there a XML version of sixdml available?

I originally designed SiXDML with this in mind but
never got around to speccing the XML syntax. This
should be a weekend's work tops. Unfortunately I don't
have a free weekend for the rest of the year. :)

> thanx stefan
>
> P.S.
> Whats with creating an index. with xindice it only
> works if i create the
> index before adding the documents, does create index
> create a new
> collection, creates the index and adds the documents
> after this?

An index can only be created on an existing
collection.

=====
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #59
I will never build a sentient computer smarter than I am.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

RE: SiXDML Available

Posted by Dare Obasanjo <kp...@yahoo.com>.