Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Harinath <ha...@infosys.com> on 2006/05/23 19:58:08 UTC

using user defined parameters in jmeter

Hi, I am not able to parameterization in Jmeter.

what i am doing is,

I recorded few http request using HTTP Proxy Server.

added "User Parameters" to the Thread Group.
added a variable "email", then added user values (for User_1) as shown below.
Name          User_1
email         abc@abc.com

now, for a specific Http Request, I want to configure the parameters.
I am doing this way:

Name        Value
email       ${email}

But i see the transaction not taking place. When i give absolute values, the
Http Request is working fine (i can see it with the new records getting inserted
into DB) where as when i use parameters it is failing.

Please advice.

Thanks
Harinath

Re: using user defined parameters in jmeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23/05/06, Harinath <ha...@infosys.com> wrote:
> Hi, I am not able to parameterization in Jmeter.
>
> what i am doing is,
>
> I recorded few http request using HTTP Proxy Server.
>
> added "User Parameters" to the Thread Group.
> added a variable "email", then added user values (for User_1) as shown below.
> Name          User_1
> email         abc@abc.com
>
> now, for a specific Http Request, I want to configure the parameters.
> I am doing this way:
>
> Name        Value
> email       ${email}

That should work.

> But i see the transaction not taking place. When i give absolute values, the
> Http Request is working fine (i can see it with the new records getting inserted
> into DB) where as when i use parameters it is failing.
>

> Please advice.

What value is being sent to the server?

Add a "View Results in Tree" listener if necessary to be able to see
the request.
 http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#View_Results_Tree