Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mikko Hämäläinen <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/05 13:40:12 UTC

How to create the tables for slide 2.0 JDBCStore

Hi,
I've previously used the Slide 1.0.16 with JDBCDescriptorsStore. I'd like to
configure Slide 2.0 to use them as well, but I don't seem to get it right. I
have read somewhere that the database structure has changed, but I haven't
been able to find any documentation about setting up the database.

I've tried to set the DB up using the sql-script given here
<http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02538.html>,
but when I restart the Tomcat the messages in the
catalina.out indicate that the tables are incorrectly configured (" 05 Mar
2004 14:19:20 - org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.MySqlRDBMSAdapter - ERROR
- SQL error 1146 on /: General error,  message from server: "Table
'webdavmds.BINDING' doesn't exist" ").

Is there a document like this
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-slide/docs/Attic/howto-jdbcstore.html>
for slide 2.0?

If somebody could tell me (or give a link) how to create the right tables
using mysql I'd be grateful. Of course I can't be sure if I'm doing
something else wrong.. so I'd appreciate any ideas ;)

The start of my Domain.xml looks like this:

<store name="memory">
                                <nodestore
classname="org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.JDBCStore">
                                        <parameter
name="adapter">org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.MySqlRDBMSAdapter</param
eter>
                                        <parameter
name="user">db_user</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="password">xXxXx</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="dbcpPooling">true</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="maxPooledConnections">10</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="isolation">SERIALIZABLE</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="compress">false</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="driver">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/webdavmds</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="jdbcversion">1</parameter>
                                </nodestore>
                                <securitystore>
                                        <reference store="nodestore"/>
                                </securitystore>
<lockstore>
                                        <reference store="nodestore"/>
                                </lockstore>
                                <revisiondescriptorsstore>
                                        <reference store="nodestore"/>
                                </revisiondescriptorsstore>
                                <revisiondescriptorstore>
                                        <reference store="nodestore"/>
                                </revisiondescriptorstore>
                                <contentstore
classname="org.apache.slide.store.txfile.TxFileContentStore">
                                        <parameter
name="rootpath">/home/netpro/slide_contentstore</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="workpath">/home/netpro/slide_workingresource</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="version">true</parameter>
                                        <parameter
name="resetBeforeStarting">false</parameter>
                                </contentstore>
                        </store>

Greetings::

Mikko Hämäläinen

Re: How to create the tables for slide 2.0 JDBCStore

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.
Hi Mikko!

You are right, the schema definitions are missing in the binary
distribution. You can get them from the CVS:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-slide/src/conf/schema/

There's one available for MySQL 4.x as well. For the configuration have
at look

http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-j2eestore.html

Cheers,

Oliver