Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by David Purcell <Da...@csu.mnscu.edu> on 2007/12/13 00:48:18 UTC

help with proxy

Hi,

I'm trying to recreate the simple proxy example.  I can get the sample 150 to work fine (the simple one from the quick start example), and I have created my own SOAP client and server that works fine (using Spring web services, not AXIS, however).  But when I try to set up my own proxy like the example 150, and have my client call the proxy instead, I get this message:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found is /soap/HolidayProxy/ and the WSA Action = null

Has anyone run into this situation?

Thanks in advance,

David

===============================
David Purcell
Systems Architect
MN State Colleges and Universities
david.purcell@csu.mnscu.edu

Re: help with proxy

Posted by David Purcell <Da...@csu.mnscu.edu>.
Hi Ruwan,

It is pretty simple:

<!-- Introduction to proxy services -->
<definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">
    <proxy name="HolidayProxy">
        <target>
            <endpoint>
                <address uri="http://localhost:8080/holidayService/"/>
            </endpoint>
			<outSequence>
				<send/>
			</outSequence>
        </target>
        <publishWSDL uri="file:repository/conf/holiday/resources/holiday-scenario-1.wsdl"/>
    </proxy>
</definitions>

Someone else requested a peek at the actual request I'm sending, so I'll send that in a bit.

Thanks,

David

===============================
==============================+

>>> <ru...@gmail.com> 12/12/2007 9:06 PM >>>
Hi David,

Can you please attach your synapse.xml file and then I can have a look
of the config and tell you what is exactly wrong.

My wild guess is that you have specified the proxy name something
other than *HolidayProxy*. You should call the proxy with the name
that you specified in the proxy configuration.

Thanks,
Ruwan

On 12/13/07, David Purcell <Da...@csu.mnscu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to recreate the simple proxy example.  I can get the sample 150
> to work fine (the simple one from the quick start example), and I have
> created my own SOAP client and server that works fine (using Spring web
> services, not AXIS, however).  But when I try to set up my own proxy like
> the example 150, and have my client call the proxy instead, I get this
> message:
>
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation
> not found is /soap/HolidayProxy/ and the WSA Action = null
>
> Has anyone run into this situation?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> David
>

> ===============================
> David Purcell
> Systems Architect
> MN State Colleges and Universities
> david.purcell@csu.mnscu.edu

Ruwan Linton

Re: help with proxy

Posted by ru...@gmail.com.
Hi David,

Can you please attach your synapse.xml file and then I can have a look
of the config and tell you what is exactly wrong.

My wild guess is that you have specified the proxy name something
other than *HolidayProxy*. You should call the proxy with the name
that you specified in the proxy configuration.

Thanks,
Ruwan

On 12/13/07, David Purcell <Da...@csu.mnscu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to recreate the simple proxy example.  I can get the sample 150
> to work fine (the simple one from the quick start example), and I have
> created my own SOAP client and server that works fine (using Spring web
> services, not AXIS, however).  But when I try to set up my own proxy like
> the example 150, and have my client call the proxy instead, I get this
> message:
>
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation
> not found is /soap/HolidayProxy/ and the WSA Action = null
>
> Has anyone run into this situation?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> David
>

> ===============================
> David Purcell
> Systems Architect
> MN State Colleges and Universities
> david.purcell@csu.mnscu.edu

Ruwan Linton

Re: help with proxy - Spring Web Services and SoapAction

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for letting us know! And I'm glad you got it working

Paul

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: help with proxy - Spring Web Services and SoapAction

Posted by David Purcell <Da...@csu.mnscu.edu>.
Thanks Paul, Asankha and everyone.  I got it to work.

Here's the deal for those who might stumble across it.

I was trying out Spring web services for the first time (shouldn't try two new things at once).  As pointed out below, the SOAPAction header is expected.  Apparently there is a Spring web service defect that doesn't set this at all (even to an empty value).

See
http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=44694

The Spring reference documentation says to put a WebServiceMessageCallback when sending, as such:
    webServiceTemplate.marshalSendAndReceive(o, new WebServiceMessageCallback() {

Re: help with proxy

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
David

Re: help with proxy

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I think the problem might be the lack of a SOAPAction Header. Not sure. What
is the client SOAP stack?

Paul

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair