Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian Kirsch <bk...@zaplet.com> on 2002/07/11 21:17:41 UTC

Altering Configuration from command line

Does any one know of a way to reload the struts-config.xml
from a command line interface with out rebooting the servlet container.

Can new features be added to a struts application ( action mappings, form beans, and
jsp templates ) through an automated command line script?

Brian

Re: Altering Configuration from command line

Posted by Duke Ronlund <du...@bigpond.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 05:17, Brian Kirsch wrote:

> Does any one know of a way to reload the struts-config.xml
> from a command line interface with out rebooting the servlet container.

If you are using Tomcat 4 you can reload the web application using the
manager app that Craig pointed out.

>From the command line you could use the perl lwp lib or wget.

eg.

$ GET http://localhost/manager/reload?path=/appPath

Cheers

Posted by Mark Nichols <st...@partitionsoftware.com>.

Have you looked into the reload action that comes with the Struts
configuration file? I know it is there under 1.0.2, and I've made great use
of it during development to refresh the container after making config file
changes.

> Can new features be added to a struts application ( action
> mappings, form beans, and
> jsp templates ) through an automated command line script?
>

> Brian

</mark>

Re: Altering Configuration from command line

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Brian Kirsch wrote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:17:41 -0700
> From: Brian Kirsch <bk...@zaplet.com>
> Subject: Altering Configuration from command line
>

> Does any one know of a way to reload the struts-config.xml
> from a command line interface with out rebooting the servlet container.
>
> Can new features be added to a struts application ( action mappings, form beans, and
> jsp templates ) through an automated command line script?

You should use your servlet container's capability to reload the Struts
web application.  For example, Tomcat supports this via the manager
webapp.

> Brian

Craig