Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ro...@globalgraphics.com on 2001/10/03 19:56:38 UTC

Enterprise applications

I'm looking to a homegrown datasource to Cocoon and I came across this puzzling
piece in the docs.

Cocoon allows you to specify a pooled data source that you can use for
throughout the Cocoon system. There are two different types of data sources:
JDBC and J2EE. The difference is in who controls the connection. The JDBC data
source lets Cocoon handle all the pooling logic. The J2EE data source tells
Cocoon how to pull the DataSource object from a J2EE container (thats Java 2
Enterprise Edition)--the major caviat is that Cocoon must be installed as part
of a Enterprise Application.

Is there a document somewhere that tells me how to install Cocoon as part of an
Enterprise Application?

TIA

Roger

Re: Enterprise applications

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.
You might want to search the archives. There was some activity around
cocoon-J2EE integration. I don't know how far has that prgoressed.

From: roger.day@globalgraphics.com
--

> I'm looking to a homegrown datasource to Cocoon and I came across this
puzzling
> piece in the docs.
>
> Cocoon allows you to specify a pooled data source that you can use for
> throughout the Cocoon system. There are two different types of data sources:
> JDBC and J2EE. The difference is in who controls the connection. The JDBC data
> source lets Cocoon handle all the pooling logic. The J2EE data source tells
> Cocoon how to pull the DataSource object from a J2EE container (thats Java 2
> Enterprise Edition)--the major caviat is that Cocoon must be installed as part
> of a Enterprise Application.
>
> Is there a document somewhere that tells me how to install Cocoon as part of
an
> Enterprise Application?
>
> TIA
>
> Roger