Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vilavanh Messien <vi...@agora.ulaval.ca> on 2000/11/11 23:01:34 UTC

Help !!!

Hi everybody !!!

In order to test Struts framework, I've just downloaded
and installed Tomcat 3.1 and Struts 0.5.

I don't manage to install the struts example correctly.
However, I've followed well all the instructions.
I've copied struts-documentation.war and struts-example.war
in tomcat/webapps directory and then I've restarted Tomcat server.

Apparently, there's no prob with struts-documentation.war because
I can browse the documentation of struts correctly with IE 5.

Unfortunately, I still have some trouble with the struts example.
I get an SecurityException each time I restart Tomcat.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks a lot

Vilavanh Messien

RE: Help !!!

Posted by Vilavanh Messien <vi...@agora.ulaval.ca>.
Actually, I've tried with Tomcat 3.2 and Struts 0.5 and it seems to work
fine.
I also tried with the example of Struts2000-11-10 and it didn't work.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

RE: Help !!!

> In order to test Struts framework, I've just downloaded
> and installed Tomcat 3.1 and Struts 0.5.
>
> I don't manage to install the struts example correctly.
> However, I've followed well all the instructions.
> I've copied struts-documentation.war and struts-example.war
> in tomcat/webapps directory and then I've restarted Tomcat server.
>
> Apparently, there's no prob with struts-documentation.war because
> I can browse the documentation of struts correctly with IE 5.
>
> Unfortunately, I still have some trouble with the struts example.
> I get an SecurityException each time I restart Tomcat.
>
> Can anyone help me ?

Please post the log files and error traceback that you get.  Without
those, it is not possible to know what is really going on.

> Thanks a lot
>
> Vilavanh Messien

Craig

Re: Help !!!

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Vilavanh Messien wrote:

> Hi everybody !!!
>
> In order to test Struts framework, I've just downloaded
> and installed Tomcat 3.1 and Struts 0.5.
>
> I don't manage to install the struts example correctly.
> However, I've followed well all the instructions.
> I've copied struts-documentation.war and struts-example.war
> in tomcat/webapps directory and then I've restarted Tomcat server.
>
> Apparently, there's no prob with struts-documentation.war because
> I can browse the documentation of struts correctly with IE 5.
>
> Unfortunately, I still have some trouble with the struts example.
> I get an SecurityException each time I restart Tomcat.
>
> Can anyone help me ?

Please post the log files and error traceback that you get.  Without
those, it is not possible to know what is really going on.

> Thanks a lot
>
> Vilavanh Messien

Craig