Posted to users@airavata.apache.org by "Sale, Jeff" <es...@ucsd.edu> on 2017/02/28 21:41:20 UTC

CentOS 6.x problems with Airavata installation

I have been trying to get Airavata installed on a couple of different versions of CentOS, 6.4 and 6.7. I am getting stuck at the RabbitMQ installation. I get an error that my version of Erlang is too old.

Error: Package: rabbitmq-server-3.6.6-1.el6.noarch (/rabbitmq-server-3.6.6-1.el6.noarch)
           Requires: erlang >= R16B-03
           Installed: erlang-R14B-04.3.el6.x86_64 (@epel)
               erlang = R14B-04.3.el6
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I tried installing version R16B-03 and it seemed to install ok but I am still getting the same error. I am not sure how to direct the RabbitMQ installation to see the more recent version of Erlang.

I have been using the installation instructions at https://www.rabbitmq.com/install-rpm.html which Eroma suggested I try for earlier versions of CentOS. These instructions direct me to install RabbitMQ using the RPM package manager, but it's not clear where RabbitMQ would end up being installed if the install were actually successful.

Would I be better of just getting a version of CentOS 7?

Jeff

Re: CentOS 6.x problems with Airavata installation

Posted by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu>.
Jeff,

I’m not sure if this will help, but you can check the Ansible script for installing rabbitmq [1].

That points to a rabbitmq directory [2] of Erlang RPMs, which I think is what we use. I don’t know if the el6 rpms will work with Centos 6 however.  Maybe someone else knows.

Marcus

[1] https://github.com/apache/airavata/blob/514567c8baeb61846c198a7b111f988bab037284/dev-tools/ansible/roles/rabbitmq/tasks/main.yml#L11-L10
[2] https://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/erlang/