Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/01/01 19:49:50 UTC

A proposal/draft for the link/structure of the OFbiz site

Hi all,

after a bit of research (looking at other ASF projects' sites) I've
drafted a rough sketch of a structure of the site that I think would be
nice to have.

My proposal:

a) suppress the top tabs (Home/Docs and Books) or change it to (Site/Doc
site)
b) keep the same left column links in all the pages (and highlight the
link to which the current page refers
c) the set of links could be this (The "Documentation" section is
incomplete):

===Apache OFBiz===
Welcome        [1]
News

===Documentation===
Documentation
Documentation Site
Resources
Marketing

===Download===
Releases
Trunk      [2]

===Community===
Mailing Lists
Source Repository  [3]
Issue Tracker

===Project Management===
Mission      [4]
People
Bylaws

[1] = the main page
[2] = a link to something like this:
http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/aQM

[3] = a link to something like this:
http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/mgM

[4] = a link to a page with the Board Resolution

What do you think?

Jacopo

Re: A proposal/draft for the link/structure of the OFbiz site

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
On Jan 1, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> ===Download===
> Releases
> Trunk      [2]
>
> [1] = the main page
> [2] = a link to something like this:
> http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/aQM

This page looks a lot like the old "Setup Guide" that has been
updated over time, and that I believe is pretty up to date:

http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/docs/setup.html

It would be good to clean that up, and of course put it in
Confluence, and then point to that as a starting place.

I was also thinking of adding some text to the beginning to help
people decide, similar to what I wrote in the release plan in the
first to sub-sections of the "General Goals, Policies and Process"
section:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/1wE

-David

Re: A proposal/draft for the link/structure of the OFbiz site

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
That is one of the sections of "convenient" links that has been
around forever and it could be removed altogether... If someone
really wants to know such things they should find something pretty
easily (ie the page you referenced...) searching on docs.ofbiz.org,
or if they know the ASF patterns they'll find what they're looking
for in the LICENSE file...

As for the standards links there... I've been thinking of killing
those for a while as they represent more of the standards that we
should or would like to implement, but for the most part haven't yet
(and that is obviously confusing).

-David

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.