Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by KeyofDMinor <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/19 00:13:27 UTC

question with J1 and Tomcat 5

hello,

My apologies if this is a silly question/FAQ.

We have an application that leverages Jetspeed 1.5,
which is based on Turbine 2.2.  Both use V 2.2 of the
servlet api (according to their respective Maven
files).

We want to move to Tomcat 5.5.x under Java 1.5.x.  We
have re-compiled our proprietary Java under Java 1.5.
Naively, we had hoped to zip up our new properietary
jars and old 1.4 jars (e.g. Turbine, Jetspeed) into a
war as before and that everything would "just work".

At first, our app seems to work ok, but after awhile
we receive ClassCastExceptions with respect to the
RunData interface.  For example:

Horrible Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.turbine.services.rundata.DefaultTurbineRunData
at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.pages.JetspeedTemplatePage.doBuildBeforeAction(JetspeedTemplatePage.java:124)

among others.  I don't believe that the "cast" is
actually causing the problem but that instead it might
be something like a 1.4/1.5 mismatch or a servlet
2.2/2.4 mismatch of some kind.

Does anyone have any ideas/experiences?

thanks!!
Mike