Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de> on 2004/09/07 17:06:30 UTC

Security: per app policy, app root relative FilePermissions?

(1) When using a SecurityManager, all permissions are managed globally
in two senses. They're granted in a single policy file,
conf/catalina.policy and they pertain to all installed webapps.

(2) FilePermission can't be relative to the root of a particular webapp.

That is my current understanding. If I'm wrong, where can I learn more?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                       Face reality and stare it down
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        --Jethro Tull, Silver River Turning