Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2005/04/28 02:10:25 UTC

derbynetmats not running

I try to run the suite derbynetmats.runall and it looks like it is
skipping all the tests.  I tried to grok why this is happening, but
couldn't figure it out.  Do I need to set some property when I call
RunSuite to get this to work?

I am using the JDK 1.4.2_05 VM, and the command I issue is:

java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite derbynetmats

The output flies by in 2 seconds and is:

Top suite: derbynetmats
Now do RunList
Now run the suite's tests
Now do RunList
Now run the suite's tests
Now do RunList
Now run the suite's tests
Now do RunList
Now run the suite's tests
Generated report: derbynetmats_report.txt

The report file is attached...  note how it says 2 tests pass and 4
suites were skipped (derbynetmats, jdbcapi, jdbc20 and multi).  Can
anyone explain why the suites were skipped?

Thanks,

David

Re: derbynetmats not running

Posted by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Turns out I have the jar file, I just didn't have it in my classpath.  I
modified my classpath and magic occurred.

Thanks for the tips on how to run individual tests with the net client,
and about using the new Derby client.

David

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Posted by Army <qo...@sbcglobal.net>.
David Van Couvering wrote:
> Perfect, that did it, thanks Sunitha!
>
> David
>
> Sunitha Kambhampati wrote:
>>
>> Just a guess -  I have seen this happen once when I didnt have
>> db2jcc.jar in the classpath, network server tests skip.

I realize you've already solved the problem (;), but just for the record, I
think there should be a "derbynetmats.sum" located in your test directory.  When
a test/suite is skipped, the reason for skipping it is usually stated in that
file.  Not sure if that's true when the db2jcc.jar is missing, but for other
cases where tests are skipped, the reason is typically found there...

Army

Re: derbynetmats not running

Posted by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Sunitha Kambhampati <ks...@gmail.com>.