Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2006/11/02 00:17:52 UTC

Re: svn commit: r470013 - /geronimo/server/trunk/modules/geronimo-system/src/test/java/org/apache/geronimo/system/properties/NamingPropertiesTest.java

On 11/1/06, rickmcguire@apache.org <ri...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: rickmcguire
> Date: Wed Nov  1 09:48:44 2006
> New Revision: 470013

> +        try {
> +            // the above assumes we're running on a Sun JVM.  If we can't load the class first,
> +            // we'll skip the attempt at creating the InitialContext.  We've already verified that the
> +            // system properties have been set to the correct values, so this last bit is largely a formality.
> +            Class.forName("NAME_FACTORY_INITIAL");
> +            new InitialContext();
> +        } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
> +        }

It's not the first time I ask for some help understanding a change and
this one is not an exception.

Why do we look up the "NAME_FACTORY_INITIAL" class since it's deemed
to fail every time?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Since we now have our own class for this, can't we make the test vm
independent?

         <attribute
name="namingFactoryInitial">org.apache.xbean.naming.global.GlobalContext
Manager</attribute>

from rmi-naming.

thanks
david jencks