Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org> on 2019/10/24 17:54:54 UTC

What tomcat8 is Geode using?

What actual artifacts does this refer to in DependencyConstraints.groovy?

    deps.put("tomcat8.version", "8.5.34")

Does this mean we are using
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.tomcat/tomcat-catalina/8.5.34
or some download?

Re: What tomcat8 is Geode using?

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
To be clear, we are not actually shipping tomcat with geode. But we do
compile and test our session replication modules against multiple versions
of tomcat. We test against all the versions listed in that
DependencyContraints.groovy file:

    deps.put("tomcat6.version", "6.0.37")
    deps.put("tomcat7.version", "7.0.90")
    deps.put("tomcat8.version", "8.5.34")
    deps.put("tomcat9.version", "9.0.12")

I think all of the bits we test against come from maven, but some unit
tests may just use a tomcat jar, vs. some integration tests that unpack a
full tomcat install.
-Dan

Posted by Robert Houghton <rh...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Kirk,