Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Christie, Marcus Aaron" <ma...@iu.edu> on 2020/11/05 21:01:16 UTC

Re: [airavata-django-portal] Bugs in username and email validation

Hi Dinuka,

Regarding #1, yes, definitely a bug.  However, you shouldn't use reset password when logging in with CILogon. You would change your password with the institution you use to login with CIlogon.

Regarding #2, yes, we allow users to use the same email address to signup.  Going forward, and especially with Custos, we may want to rethink that or make it per-tenant customizable. Some gateways like Galaxy don't allow multiple accounts with the same email address.