Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Michal Singer <Mi...@expand.com> on 2008/03/23 16:59:48 UTC

Whats minimal use of jencks required for activemq & spring& consumer

Hi. I am using activemq 5.1 (snapshot latest). The producer uses regular
activemq API, and the consumer
uses activemq with spring & jmstemplate.

I would like to know if the following conifguration will improve performance
or if i need to use the entire,
inbound-outbound configuration of jencks:

1. producer: use org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory to create
connection
2. consumer: configure using spring -
org.jencks.amqpool.PooledConnectionFactory which contains
ActiveMQConnectionFactory, in the following conifuration:

<bean id="connectionFactory"
    	<!--  <property name="brokerURL"
value="tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0"/>-->
    	<!--<property name="brokerURL"
value="vm://embeddedbroker?brokerConfig=xbean:WEB-INF/activemq.xml&amp;soTimeout=60000&amp;connectionTimeout=60000"
    		/>-->
    	<property name="brokerURL"
    		value="vm://embeddedbroker?brokerConfig=xbean:WEB-INF/activemq.xml" />
    	<!-- Should a JMS message be copied to a new JMS Message object as part
of the
			 send() method? Our producer does not reuse the message object, then it
can disable the
			copying of the message, which improves throughput. -->
    	<!-- <property name="copyMessageOnSend" value="false"/> -->

    </bean>

 <bean id="pooledConnectionFactory"
  	class="org.jencks.amqpool.PooledConnectionFactory">
  	<property name="maxConnections" value="3" />
  	<property name="connectionFactory" ref="connectionFactory"/>
   </bean>

What will the MDP of jencks provide which activemq & spring does not
provide, using the pool I used?

Thanks, Michal