Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com> on 2012/04/14 10:54:35 UTC

Cleaning up docs

Hi,

I'd like to remove some pages and files from wiki to reduce the size
of distributed assembly. Right now there are pages like that [1] which
just increase size of package without any add value. Also the whole MM
can be removed, as they're outdated and useless for users.

Or maybe instead removing I should move such pages to S2WIKI workspace ?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/WW/asynchronous-processing-with-webwork-xwork.html

Kind regards
--
Łukasz http://www.lenart.org.pl/
mobile +48 606 323 122, office +27 11 0838747

Re: Cleaning up docs

Posted by Rene Gielen <re...@googlemail.com>.
On 14.04.12 11:30, Łukasz Lenart wrote:
> I think moving will be the best solution, I'm going create a space
> under S2WIKI called Archive and move all the mentioned docs there.
> WDYT ?
>
> Cleaning up docs allows to speed up the release process and site
> update process. Right now it takes ages because of downloading and
> uploading useless docs (extra 20MB).
>

> Kind regards
Sounds to me like a good solution!

--
René Gielen
http://twitter.com/rgielen

Re: Cleaning up docs

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

(pardon brevity and typos, on cell)

Re: Cleaning up docs

Re: Cleaning up docs

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Another, duplication

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Overview

Regards

Re: Cleaning up docs

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Just for reference, those two space should be moved away

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Meeting+Minutes (around 20MB!!!)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Whiteboard

The whole docs zip takes 33MB, so removing those spaces should reduce
the size to ~ 13MB ;-)

Regards
--
Łukasz http://www.lenart.org.pl/
mobile +48 606 323 122, office +27 11 0838747
Warszawa JUG conference - Confitura http://confitura.pl/