Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gareth Nolan <ga...@virgin.net> on 2003/04/14 02:12:41 UTC

Mod_jk2 Installation Problem

Hi,

Can anyone help me with my problem. I'm running Linux Redhat 8 with jdk1.4.1_02 installed and have downloaded Apache 2.0.45 source, Tomcat 4.1.24 binary and jakarta-connectors source. I've managed to compile apache successfully and can view static pages. Installing tomcat, I can also view pages through this. My problem is when I come to try and integrate the two using the mod_jk2 connector. The connector compiled OK but when I start tomcat (with a little debugging in the connector) I get the following error:

13-Apr-2003 org.apache.jk.apr.AprImpl loadNative
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so: /usr/local/.../mod_jk2.so: undefined symbol ap_scoreboard_image

The instruction it is doing at the time is System.load("/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk2.so")

I thought at first this was something to do with not being compiled with-apr but I have double checked this with no success.

Any help would be much appreciated as my marriage is suffering due to excessive time on the computer !!

Thanks,

Gareth

RE: Mod_jk2 Installation Problem

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Can anyone help me with my problem.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Tomcat/Jk2Connector

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TomcatFAQ/ModJK2OnRedHat

	--- Noel

Re: Mod_jk2 Installation Problem

Posted by to...@daydream.stanford.edu.
That sounds a little further than I ever got with mod_jk2.

Some people reported success with mod_jk2, but a lot of us never got it
working.

If you don't need the mod_jk2 advanced features, I'd suggest going for
mod_jk. I spent tens of hours on mod_jk2 with no success, so I don't think
you're alone there. I've been off the list for awhile so maybe someone
posted a howto on mod_jk2 with linux. I never saw on this list someone
having trouble with mod_jk2/linux that was ever able to fix it. Just my 2
cents. Maybe it's changed in the last couple of months, so I'll be
watching your post to see if someone can help you.

Check my website:
http://daydream.stanford.edu/tomcat/install_web_services.html

to see my combination of Apache/Tomcat/mod_jk, etc. My wife much
appreciated me ditching mod_jk2 for mod_jk. I feel for you, good luck with
yours.

Oscar