Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Bob Poulton <rj...@rogers.com> on 2017/06/05 15:19:59 UTC

OO Calc and XLSX file text duplication

I have been sent a rather complex protected XLSX spreadsheet with 1,053 formulae.  They work fine.  Three cells have a text string.  When I open the XLSX file with OO, these three strings are twice as long as they should be (concatenated to themselves).

I had the author (who is using Excel) save and send me a copy with file type XLS, and OO does not have the problem with this file.  So it appears to me that OO is has a glitch with XLSX file types.  Is anyone interested in this problem?  Unfortunately, I do not have a recent copy of Excel.

Bob